On 25 Dec 2013, at 2:09 am, René Doß <d...@gmx.de> wrote:

>> This could likewise go into a makefile with the exception that wget isn't
>> native to OS X.
>
> wget is also available for MAC OS.
> I think it is simplier to install wget as to find out what is wrong in the
> deep of gcc. This makefile can be a validation standard for compiling on
> different systems. The make file save time.

Building wget from source is a bit too complicated to drop in the middle of
building ghdl.  It doesn't account for someone already having wget, implying
the whole thing needs an umbrella (automake, configure, ...), likely also
implied for different target platforms for things like executable suffixes.

It might be simpler to replace the download_prerequisites script with something
curl-ish.

Feel free to bell the cat.