On 28 Dec 2013, at 10:07 am, Torsten Meißner <tors...@meissneronline.net> wrote:

> Yeah, installing the ada-4.4 version from the corrected link fixed my
> problems.
> Thanks for your help, i really appreciate :)

As soon as I saw that darwin8 I knew it was my fault.  It didn't help someone
built that version with all the style warnings turned on.  As near as I figure
it's to allow someone's tool to do formal proof analysis, which says it isn't
using a real Ada lexer more than likely (translation, it's old).

I spent the morning trying to trick the gnat gpl 2013 (x86_64) version into
building a 32 bit ghdl executable.  Sort of like a handkerchief in a magician's
fist, poke something in, something pops out elsewhere.  Looks like it might be
worth building a 32 bit set of tools (a cross compiler sharing a TARGET but not
ARCH).  I'm trying to do VHDL, not Ada.

The idea here is to do all this with the least amount of pain, sorry you fell
in front of the lawn mower.  You did stay remarkably focused.

I think you'd have and easier time build the gcc version of ghdl.  You'd likely
be pleased with result (other than those pesky .o files).  Should be 20 percent
or more faster.  It doesn't use these old tools to build either. The installed
image is under 74 MB (a bit bigger than the ghdl mcode's 2.1 MB, but still in
the noise even for an Air of late 2012 rMBP).  Tony's GTKWave.app is around 32
MB.  I use the TextMate 2 beta (currently around 13.6 MB) a bit of a pain in
the ass to do themes still, but supports Ada and VHDL grammar highlighting and
text folding, spelling checking, various languages, file browser, you can show
line numbers.  I think I'm using the starlight theme, there's no way to tell
nondestructively, just big ol' UID, and nothing showing which one by name.