> On 25/11/2015, at 5:33 am, João Malés <j...@ca3-uninova.org> wrote:
>
> I'm using GHDL to simulate some designs that I'm doing. Now, I included the
> float_pkg package to work with floats in Sigasi but when I'm simulating in
> GHDL it states that  "primary unit "float_pkg" not found in library "ieee" “.

float_package, float_generic_pkg, etc. are available as part of IEEE Std
1076-2008 (http://standards.ieee.org/downloads/1076/1076-2008/, the zip file,
when expanded subdirectory ieee). In general you’d have to back port them to an
earlier revision. It could be onerous, they’d take advantage of changes to the
standard. David Bishop used to make back ported versions available on eda.org
for -1993, (eda.org sponsored by Mentor will be closed down shortly, See
http://www.eda.org/fphdl/, VHDL-93 versions of the VHDL-2008 packages, try ZIP
file of all the packages <http://www.eda.org/fphdl/vhdl2008c.zip>).

> How can I add this new library to GHDL? Copy/paste to the GHDL>lib where we
> have two folders "v93" and "v87" doesn't seem to work.

There are both library sources and analyzed library entries. Simply dumping the
sources in the IEEE library source doesn’t provide access. (And opens a can of
compatibility worms).

> I'm using GHDL 0.25 on Windows.

If you were to download ghdl-0.33 for Windows
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghdl-updates/files/Builds/ghdl-0.33/, the link
to ghdl-0.33-win32.zip), you’d have the packages installed. There’s a command
line flag for revision -2008 (--std=08, given after a command   (-a/-e for
analysis/elaboration) of the standard you could pass to provide access.