On 10/26/2016 01:44 PM, Vern Muhr wrote:
[snip]
> I have read that there is consideration of embedding Python in the GHDL
> system.
[snip]

<polemic> I still don't get why so many people believe that embedding a
Python interpreter is a desirable thing to do. The methods of the pyCult
are undeniably effective. ;) </polemic>

I suggest that any co-processing that the simulation model needs should
take place in a separate process and be accessed via typical IPC
(Inter-Process Communication) methods. This would allow flexibility in
the selection of the co-processing environment (e.g., Octave, R, SciPy,
etc.).

Given that situation, some configuration support might be in order. I
would prefer a command shell for interactive exploration of the model's
structure & state, and loadable scripts for configuration and automated
control of the simulation.

It seems desirable that the source code, syntax, and embedded executable
should be light-weight and straight-forward to use, document, and maintain.

This problem has already been solved.

http://yosefk.com/blog/i-cant-believe-im-praising-tcl.html
http://jim.tcl.tk