On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 06:34:38AM +0200, Marco Lamberto wanted to say the following:
> On Wed, 31 May 2000, FUJITA Yuji wrote:
> >Hi, dear developers.
> >I hope copying gdynamic text layer to another image to keep
> >text/font/colour/layout informations.
> >As I don't understand parasites, please forgive me if I'm claiming
> >something funny.
>
> No, I've tested it with gimp 1.1.22 and it seems you're right! ;)
> If I remember well hitting ctrl+c on a layer whithout active selection on gimp
> 1.0.x results in copying the whole layer, while now it doesn't.
> I think that doing a (full) layer copy between two images is quite important in
> many cases (and gDynText "parasited" layers is one)!!
> There's anyone that could tell me more about this matter?? ;)

The easiest way to copy a layer to another image is to drag it from the
layers dialog to the other image. I am not sure if it copies the parasite
information but I think it should if it doesnt already.

Tuomas

--

.---( t i g e r t @ g i m p . o r g )---.
| some stuff at http://tigert.gimp.org/ |