On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 08:46:19PM -0500, "Garry R. Osgood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I guess most of us just ignore these problems, but just how difficult
> > would it be to fix this? Are we (simon and me) currently the only ones
> > having these prblems?
>
> Selection going away: http://bugs.gnome.org/db/10/10498.html "Marching Ants die
>untimely deaths"
>
> I regularly observe the selection disappearing when I use the Wacom Tablet, and
> setting it as an input device through <Image>->Device Input. I have not observed
> it otherwise.
>
> Do you recall if your incident is purely/partially tablet related?

there certainly was a tablet at the machine (it strangely only hapopens
on simons machine(s), not ever on mine), but my main point was that the
rush to release 1.2 might not be a good idea, since there are a lot of
non-fatal problems that, in the long run, lead to an unusable gimp.

However, I use gimp everyday, and it does work most of the time, and it
REALLY improves weekly!