Hi,

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Elle Stone <l.elle.st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just looked at the questionaires. The questions imply/offer a narrow
> business-oriented view on open source projects, it seems to me.

I agree. There are very few questions, and in the few, I don't
understand some (one in particular has, I think, broken English; or
maybe I am broken. :p), and the others are vague (or rather too
accurate, like how many projects did I participated to? How do I
remember this? Do single patches sent over a mailing list/bug tracker
and forgotten count or does she mean lasting active participation
only? etc.) or hard to answer in just a few words (if we consider the
size of the entry answer, the author apparently don't want long
answers). In any case, I really wonder what kind of thesis can really
emerge from answers to this questionnaries.
By the way I also received this directly on my email. And I also
recommended to post this to the mailing list (it has been sent to the
ml afterwards, if not mistaken).

> I recall one person saying in a recent post, possibly on the Gimp
> users list, that he contributed code because he liked to code, he
> wanted to make something in particular about Gimp work better, and he
> did it for his own personal satisfaction. That was exactly my own
> reasons for working on the lcms.c plugin.
>
> Do the questionaires connect with real motivations? Or some of the
> real, core motivations just plain missing from the forms? Why do you
> all really do it (other than possibly sainthood or insanity of
> course)?

For me, insanity! So I guess it means you don't want to hear from my
core motivations anymore. hmpf!
;-)

Jehan