On 03/28/2015 07:00 AM, Ofnuts wrote:
These contextual menus are a mixed blessing. Of course they make things
simple, but it can be somewhat too simple. How will new users discover
options or functionalities that are new to them(*)? The people who
really benefit from this are the advanced users but they don't really

Everyone wants fewer clicks and less hunting for the tool in a menu. But "better menu access for some workflows" might well mean "worse menu access for other workflows".

I forced myself to learn Krita keyboard shortcuts from the beginning. But I got into the habit of using GIMP without using keyboard shortcuts.

For people who already use a lot of keyboard shortcuts when using GIMP, how much does using keyboard shortcuts mitigate or eliminate the useability problems for which the contextual menus are a proposed solution?
gimp-developer-list mailing list