On Wed, 27 May 2015, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

On Wed, 27 May 2015, Jehan Pagès wrote:

It also appears as they have code modification, for instance to forbid
saving to users.

They've implemented that by running in a virtualization environment where /home is read-only, not by changing any code: I tested with krita, where you could save to /tmp, just not /home.

Oh, I am wrong. I can get the save dialog, but they did make changes to intercept the file open dialog. I suspect that that's done at the library level, though, and in any case, since they're not distributing the software, they cannot violate the GPL, arguably.

Boudewijn