On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Melissa Golobish <vatara...@gmail.com>

> Not sure if it's possible or maybe this was even thought about, but could
> someone upload Gimp to Steam?
> The team behind Blender has uploaded to Steam, and I think doing this would
> allow for easier updates and community interaction, and could also make
> sharing community plug-in easier

It has been mentioned on the user list as well as the developer list.

(this thread has a lot of discussion)

The TLDR at the time was developers didn't want to distribute through a
proprietary platform or require users to have a Steam account to download.

I was then, and still now, of the opinion it would be great to distribute
through Steam in *addition* to our normal download channels for obtaining
GIMP.  Some of the modelers and game mod developers use GIMP to create
textures for their models.

As it stands, I don't think Steam will be a considered distribution channel
unless a core developer wishes to speak up with a change of opinion.  It
would also require a contributor to get familiar with the Steam release
process and provide steam releases as GIMP is released.

I prefer to encrypt my email

8D8B F0E2 42D8 A068 572E
BF3C E8F7 3234 7257 E65F

Learn how to encrypt your email with the Email Self Defense guide:
gimp-developer-list mailing list