Ok, some thoughts.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 12:49 PM Akkana Peck <akk...@shallowsky.com> wrote:

> I wasn't sure either, but it's worth noting that the libreoffice
> download page at
> http://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/?version=5.0.1
> (I'm not sure if that's the same page as the one Andrew likes --
> different URL) doesn't need javascript or jquery for OS detection.
> Even with noscript, it correctly shows me a download button for Linux
> x86. Presumably it's doing server-side checking of the browser's
> User-Agent.
> Personally, I'd be fine with Pat's suggestion of just having links
> at the top, but server-side user agent detection is a nice touch.

It seems everyone is a fan of this, so I'll spend some time finding an
optimal way to do this.  I'll start with styling the base page, and then
progressively enhance it with OS detection.

> On the Downloads page, the page content is responsive but the image
> at the top forces the page to 900px wide. Maybe that's what Andrew
> is talking about? The rest of the site is very responsive.

It's actually the MD5 hashes in the table that are causing the page to be
wider.  I'm going to modify that shortly to hopefully rectify it.

> One other issue: the webfonts in the toolbar at the top look awful
> in either Firefox or Chromium on Debian unstable. Debian seems to
> have a problem in general with rendering webfonts -- I've seen it
> on other pages that use them. Screenshot:
> http://shallowsky.com/tmp/gimp-news-screenshot.jpg

Thanks again for catching this.  We're working on it (as you know...) :)
gimp-developer-list mailing list