On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 09:12:03PM +0100, C R wrote:
> There is no license to use the software. The only license for the GIMP
> pertains to the code it's self (altering it, etc). You are free to install
> and use the GIMP on as many machines as you want, free of charge, for any
> purpose you like. Please keep in mind that there is no warranty.
> You retain all rights to the graphics produced with GIMP in accordance with
> the laws of your region. Usage of the GIMP does not alter your rights to
> your own work, or others rights to theirs.
> >From the Help menu in GIMP choose "About", then click the "License" button.
> It will show you this:
> ---
> GIMP is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the
> terms of the GNU General Public Licence as published by the Free Software
> Foundation; either version 3 of the Licence, or (at your option) any later
> version.
> GIMP is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
> WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
> FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU General Public Licence for more
> details.
> You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public Licence along
> with GIMP.  If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
> ---
> Hope it helps. :)

Since these kind of clarification request are frequent and this
explanation is IMHO well done and clear, why not adding it in the top of
the general FAQ?

Just to avoid to write the same over and over...

Marco Ciampa

| GNU/Linux User  #78271 |
| FSFE fellow       #364 |

gimp-developer-list mailing list