El vie, 18-09-2015 a las 16:03 +0100, C R escribió:
> I have added a hyperlink to "Free and Open Source Software", that
> links to
> https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
>
> My thought is the gnu.org page explains the freedoms of all open
> source
> software well enough. I've only filled in the direct implications of
> the
> four freedoms for GIMP software users in regards to the questions we
> keep
> getting regarding licensing, and usage of GIMP for professional
> purposes/companies.
>
> Changes welcome as always.

The license information block has a typo in the title, and GIMP is
mentioned as "the GIMP" a couple of times.
Also the GPL link is listed twice, in a couple of paragraphs that are a
bit redundand and probably can be merged into one.

I wonder if saying that the only license pertains to the source code.
I'd say that the binaries are also covered by the license, since you
are obligued to make the source code available when you distribute the
binaries.

I think the first paragraph is ok (once you remove "the" from GIMP),
but the second one needs work for more clarity.
I'm not a native english speaker, so maybe this isn't 100% correct, but
I'd go for something like this, replacing the second paragraph:

"The program itself is governed by the terms of the GNU General Public
License (GPL) which ensures that users have freedom to use the program
with any purpose, study and modify its source code and share
modifications to the community. You are allowed and encouraged to share
the program with your friends and colleagues, install it in your school
or organization and use it for any purpose.
If you're planning to modify the program and re-distribute it with your
modifications, make sure that you make the source code available too.
That's the only obligation required by the license.
Follow [this link] if you need more information abut the GNU General
Public License."

Gez.