I downloaded GEGL and BABL from the links on page http://www.gimp.org/,
i.e. http://gegl.org/ and http://gegl.org/babl/. I compiled and installed
them using the normal procedure (sudo ./configure && make && make install).

Thus GEGL and BABL are not built from git, and they are installed in the
system directories, not under a special prefix. Your articles seem to
suggest that I should have chosen the second solution, but
http://www.gimp.org/source/howtos/gimp-git-build.html does not suggest that.

Since GEGL is installed in only one place, i.e. /usr/local/lib/, I don't
understand where GIMP could find it in a wrong place.

> On 10/07/2015 10:10 AM, Olivier wrote:
>> Hello all.
>> I'm trying to build GIMP-2.9 as explained on
>> http://www.gimp.org/source/howtos/gimp-git-build.html. I'm using Ubuntu
>> 15.04.
>> Everything seems to work smootly, but when I try using gimp-2.9 I get the
>> error message:
>> GEGL operation missing!
>> GIMP requires the GEGL operation "gegl:maze".
>> This operation cannot be found. Check your
>> GEGL install and ensure it has been compiled
>> with any dependencies required for GIMP.
>> ​What am I doing wrong?​ When I build GEGL, the only warnings I get after
>> configuring it are that the Vala support is missing, as well as avformat
>> amd umfpack.
>> Thanks for any help.
> It sort of sounds like GIMP isn't finding a recent enough version of GEGL.
> Did you install babl from git and GEGL from git in the same prefix as GIMP
> from git?
> In case they might be helpful, I put up some articles on building and
> updating GIMP from git:
> Building GIMP for artists and photographers
> http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/build-gimp-in-prefix-for-artists.html
> Updating GIMP for artists and photographers
> http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/update-gimp-in-prefix-for-artists.html
> The second article also explains how to use the git log to see the latest
> updates.

Olivier Lecarme
gimp-developer-list mailing list