We had a meeting today on #gimp-web around what needs to be done to the new
site (SGO) as we transition to replace the old one (WGO).
The consensus was that there are still a few things to iron out, but that
we should be able to announce the new site in time to coincide with our
20th anniversary on November 21.
I am still soliciting any input that anyone would like to add (bonus points
if you actually use bugzilla to ease the tracking and classification of
This is not a comprehensive list of things I'm working on for the site.
There are still lingering things that I didn't bother to add to the list
(static image asset social link stuff that's being looked at, including
donations links for instance).
Below is the list of items and notes from the meeting (
SGO Pre-Release meeting
- Tutorials Index - being rebuilt - only Free/Libre content from now on!
- Not internally linking to old (c) tutorials - but keeping URI's
- Tutorials - add section on contributing new tutorials (how-to), along
- message template to send to ML specifying license.
- Acceptable licenses?
- CC-(0|BY)-(SA)? (not accepting NC/ND)
- Free Art (http://artlibre.org/)
- Create a more detailed "how to contribute a tutorial" section.
- Consider styling the tutorial list better (date/version/etc?)
- Aryeom is making new download page image + 404 error page image +
Wilber SVG for tiny icon
- Put the Wilber/GIMP link back in header on index page (Header nav)
- Distribute single column links across three columns in footer
- There are two styling ideas currently that are similar,
- Content pages
- News Items
- Need to fix some styling to be consistent between the two.
- Change <p> fonts from (Open Sans) weight: 300, color: #777
- Change to: weight: normal (400), color: #666
Download button on index page: version numbers are too close and dot
too small. Use better font? (same as the Windows download page buttons for
- PD: I'll keep the font and style the spacing a bit better to be
- Check internal links for HTTPS
- Support HTTPS, no redirect for HTTP (allow browsing either protocol)
- testing branch?
- Yes - same way it is being used right now.
- Find a possible way to hook against a tag or branch for automating a
push into master (after verifying testing)
Transition to www.gimp.org (check with schumaml to make this happen)
- keep old content around
- move to legacy branch (yes)
- add read-only legacy.gimp.org? (yes)
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: email@example.com
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list