> > but here is the pc file which I think explains what is going on. As you can
> > see, I built it in my Gimp directory, but suspect it can be built anywhere.
> > Let PKG_CONFIG find it.
> >

> > owen@LM-17 ~/Gimp-GIT/libmypaint $ cat libmypaint-gegl.pc
> > prefix=/home/owen/Gimp-GIT/libmypaint
> > exec_prefix=/home/owen/Gimp-GIT/libmypaint
> > libdir=/home/owen/Gimp-GIT/libmypaint/lib
> > includedir=/home/owen/Gimp-GIT/libmypaint/include
> >
> > Name: libmypaint-gegl
> > Version: 1.1
> > Requires: gegl-0.3 libmypaint
> > Cflags: -I${includedir}/libmypaint-gegl
> > Libs: -L${libdir} -lmypaint-gegl
> >
> Hmm, there are already similar files for babl/GEGL/GIMP. So that file
> probably should be generated automatically when building/installing
> libmypaint, but there isn't one in the prefix. Did you create that file?
> or was it generated automatically?

I searched my history for libmypaint as well as otherthings found I did this;

a.  git clone https://github.com/mypaint/libmypaint.git
b.  I then read the README.md
c.  Had to install scons
d.  The last scons command was # scons prefix=/home/owen/Gimp-GIT
(but judging by the number of other attempts, I must have had some problem)
e.  That generated the libmypaint-gegl.pc
f.  then I exported /home/owen/Gimp-GIT/libmypaint to the PKG_CONFIG path
g.  Lastly I installed MyPaint from a debian package manager for the brushes
h.  rebuilt gimp, there was an entry to load mypaint brushes, but "it didn't

All that was some time ago and many iterations later I see I no longer build
gimp with libmypaint.

In the README.md, there is an interesting line that says;

You can also build a minimal version of libmypaint directly into your
application by including "libmypaint.c"

I never psyched that out, but would like to know how to do that.

gimp-developer-list mailing list