On Thu, 2015-12-31 at 11:37 -0500, Elle Stone wrote:

> 1. Open a folder with an image viewer, so that all the image files
> in
> the folder (well, at least floating point and integer tiffs, openexr
> files, pngs, and jpegs; also raw files would be nice) are displayed
> by
> the image viewer.

The gnome file manager does this (but may need some thumbnailer
plugins; xcf 2.9 files seem to show up Ok for me but I think it's just
because the thumbnailer isn't checking very carefully!) and so does
gthumb and also eog (eye of gnome). I don't use KDE here.

Do you have (small file size please) example files that don't work for
you?

> 2. Still using the image viewer, open a selected image file using
> various image editors, including GIMP and Krita.
Yes.