yn Sun, 3 Jan 2016, Elle Stone wrote:

On 01/03/2016 03:04 AM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jan 2016, Elle Stone wrote:

I'd like to ask the digiKam devs to provide support for showing a
thumbnail for GIMP 2.9 XCF files. But if the XCF files are likely to
change substantially before 2.10 is released, maybe now is not a good

Digikam actually has't got to implement anything itself for that to
work. The thumbnails are generated by KIO plugin, the full image view by
QImageIO plugins. Check git://anongit.kde.org/kimageformats for the
imageio plugins (I should move the Krita imageio plugins there...) and
for the thumbnailers.

Boudewijn, thanks! for the information. On KDE bugzilla, would a request for supporting GIMP 2.9 XCF files go under "product: kdelibs, component: kimgio"?

I think it's rather frameworks-kimageformats

Is there any kind of concensus as to whether the GIMP 2.9 XCF file format stable enough that it would it be worth filing a bug report/enhancement request for support for GIMP 2.9 XCF files?

I don't know :-) I would personally wait until the stable release.

Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org
gimp-developer-list mailing list