Am Donnerstag, 14. Januar 2016, 18:15:44 schrieb Kolbjørn Stuestøl:

[...]

> > and have 1 and 8 different commits each, respectively.

The "1" is your commit and the "8" are the ones you don't have yet.

> and then a list of  about 450 modified images ("icons/Symbolic/…") (but
> not by me) + a few other files.

Ignore them.

> "git pull" returned:
> > remote: Counting objects: 9, done.
> > remote: Compressing objects: 100% (5/5), done.
> > remote: Total 5 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)
> > Unpacking objects: 100% (5/5), done.
> > From ssh://git.gnome.org/git/gimp
> >
> >    6ba9acd..2e7ebde  master     -> origin/master
> >
> > error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten
> >
> > by merge:
> >         themes/The-Dark-Side-of-Gimp/gtkrc

That's something that shouldn't happen, maybe someone messed with git?

> > Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
> > Aborting
>
> I have not changed "themes/The-Dark-Side-of-Gimp/gtkrc" or other files
> except a few nn.po files not listed. So I could delete the file, and
> then the next file(s) to be overwritten and so one.

git checkout themes/The-Dark-Side-of-Gimp/gtkrc

will reset that file to the original state.

> A proof that my "git push" did not reach the server for some reason or
> other?

Yes, it didn't reach the server.

> As I said before I am an unskilled (and a bit lazy) git user who think
> it is safest and easiest for me to start all over again with "git clone …".

I know that feeling ...

> Kolbjørn

Tobias

[...]