Akkana Peck <akk...@shallowsky.com> wrote:

> I'm still not clear what the advantage would be of one repo per
> file.

Not to kick a week-old hornet's nest, but I'd like to point out that as a user
looking for extensions/add-ons/scripts/etc, I find it much more convenient to
download/clone a single script without being required to pull down a bunch of
unrelated scripts as part of the same repository. This is even more the case if
I happen to want to contribute code to that script.

Granted, perhaps there's a frontend that's developed which obfuscates or
otherwise diminishes the need to get all of the undesired scripts. But despite
the hassle (I have a few one-off scripts/add-ons for Blender on GitHub in their
own repos), there are definitely some advantages for the people who aren't the
primary developers.

gimp-developer-list mailing list