On 06/15/2016 10:38 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

Oh, sorry. I was thinking of RGBE (Radiance HDR) actually :)

And no, I wasn't :) Sorry about the noise.

EXR was indeed loaded via file-gegl until 2013 when Mukund wrote a
separate plugin for that. Saving EXR files is done via file-gegl
though, apparently. So is loading/exporting WebP, as far as I can

Hmm, I think our emails crossed. Anyway, the code does make it look like like WebP needs file-gegl (I don't see a separate plug-in file for webp), but I don't have any such files to check.

But I did try compiling GIMP without compiling the file-gegl plug-in, and was able to open and also export an OpenEXR file without problems. So it doeesn't look like file-gegl is needed for opening or exporting exr files (though now that you mention it, it definitely was needed in the past).

gimp-developer-list mailing list