> From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoud...@gmail.com>
> Glad to hear that you want to step up and make a change. However, I'd
> like t know: what is the reason you don't want to work on GIMP itself?

I wanted something easily to build, distribute and host.  I would also have
thought it's faster to test and build.  And finally, to lazily avoid digging
too deep in the source code for a first modification (it's quite a pain to
browse without an IDE that allow to jump to the definition/declaration of a
symbol and it's hard to find an IDE that can parse the project tree with
autotools, the vim ctag combination drives me nuts so much it's not friendly to
configure and use)

> If you intend to add context-sensitive right-click menu, I would
> humbly suggest to work on GIMP code rather than invent cunning ways to
> do that with plugins.

All right, I'll try to figure out how to hack the code and fork it.  I'll get
down to it and try to have a friendly ctag file to work with.

Thank you !