Last night I have prepared a first appimage for testing. It contains:

- BABL, GEGL and GIMP from git
- all default mypaint brushes
- G’MIC plug-in from version 1.7.5_pre (latest available)
- PhotoFlow plug-in for opening and processing RAW images

* Link to the AppImage:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f57496onpct2zm7/gimp-2.9.5.glibc2.15-x86_64.AppImage?dl=0

The usage is very simple:

- download the appimage anywhere on your disk
- make the .AppImage file executable with chmod u+x
- run the .AppImage file from the console

Any feedback is highly appreciated...