> On 08 Sep 2016, at 09:01, C R <caj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Indeed. I'm finding the speed to be roughly the same as I'm used to with the
> GIMP ppa.
>
> Out of curiosity, is it possible to package a different set of GIMP defaults
> with an AppImage?
> For example, say I wanted to:
>
> 1. Set NoHalo as the default interpolation mode for all transformations
> 2. Set the preview opacity to 75% during all transformations
> 3. Map (or remap) hotkeys
>
> Is there a way to do this in an AppImage?

There might be a way to do that, but I would be very reluctant to do so, simply
because each person has its own preferences…

But you can easily copy your GIMP preferences over to the appimage, like this:

cp -a $HOME/.config/GIMP/2.9 $HOME/.config/GIMP-AppImage/
rm -f $HOME/.config/GIMP-AppImage/pluginrc

Best,