On 23.09.2016 17:41, Marco Ciampa wrote:

> So the point is really "who cares about (some) OSX (users)"?

You are kidding, aren't you?

When looking at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems
linux does not even register as a desktop OS.

And no, I have never possessed a Mac, never will do so voluntarily and I
am not forced to do so ATM. I've been using Debian or Ubuntu for the
last 12 years exclusively at home an as much as I could in the office.

But I feel that it is wrong to ignore or even affront possible users in
a project that claims to be "open" and is considered by many one of the
shining examples of the free and open software movement.

With kind regards

Stefan Peter