On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 12:19:16PM +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 08:34:16 +0100
> Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list <gimp-developer-list@gnome.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello, devs
> > sorry for boring with trivial things...
> > I'm just a translator, you know...
> >
> > doing a
> >
> >  intltool-update it
> >
> > to update the Italian translation of the master branch of gegl, I obtain
> > this error:
> >
> > Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed
> > through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/\${ <-- HERE
> > ?GEGL_API_VERSION}?/ at /usr/bin/intltool-update line 1071, <CONF> line
> > 1394.
> >
> > am I doing something wrong?
> >

> no you are not - it is just that the perl code is sloppily coded. Here is a
> patch: http://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/code/intltool.patch and I think
> that it is just a warning (for now).
>
> Regards,

Thank you very much. It seems to me that there is not a real substitute to the
command right now without some tricks.

If is it true that now gettext can handle what intltool-update does, there are
some make targets missing to do a simple:

 make it.po

or a

 make update-it.po

instead of doing

 make update-po

and then git checking out all unrelevant .po files ... I can do this obviously:

 make update-po
 git add po/it.po
 git checkout .
 git reset