After 6 years of development...
We just released GIMP 2.10.0 \o/
This is the first release of the new stable 2.10 series.
For a complete list of changes since 2.10.0-RC2 please see the
"Changes" section below.
There is also a release announcement on www.gimp.org:
Detailed release notes for 2.10, including many
screenshots and videos of new features, can be found here:
Also, we're going to have some beers now...
GIMP 2.10.0 is available from:
and from the mirrors listed at:
The checksum of the tarball is:
Overview of Changes from GIMP 2.10.0 RC2 to GIMP 2.10.0
- CLI option --show-playground visible in --help.
- Sample point dockable now works with more than 4 sample points.
- Various warnings removed, multi-threading officially not
- Various fill and fade operations now use the current paint
composite mode, allowing for instance filling to paint over
- Default layer and paint modes are now Normal (instead of Legacy).
- Be smarter about layer modes for new layers.
- Get rid of the remaining places that were using the NORMAL_LEGACY
mode by default (painting, some more).
- Improve painting speed even more by even more evil C++.
- Flipping drawables is much faster because it's now working
- Gradient rendering is now much faster, using a cache.
- Ripple plugin removed, compat PDB-API "plug-in-ripple" added
- New procedure: gimp-item-transform-translate.
- Make gimp-item-transform-* transform linked items too.
- Deprecate gimp-color-balance and gimp-layer-translate.
Assets / Resources:
- New "Fun" category for brushes (moving the "Pepper" there, which
also gets improved resolution), and adding Wilber and GEGL brushes.
- "Structure" brush obsoleted.
- 5 new and more serious brushes.
- 6 translations were updated: Catalan, Danish, Finnish, Korean,
Aryeom Han, Ell, Jehan, Matt Kraai, Michael Natterer, Pat David,
Simon Budig, Ville Pätsi, luz.paz, Øyvind Kolås.
Alan Mortensen, Anders Jonsson, Aryeom Han, Jordi Mas, Michael
Natterer, Piotr Drąg, Simon Budig, Timo Jyrinki.
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: email@example.com
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list