        </rejectfont>
    </selectfont>
</fontconfig>

This empties all fonts except the ones in GIMP's own folder.

An odd thing is that even with using font manager, when a font is selected through it and subsequently displayed in the fonts tab, it automatically adds defaults like "Monospace Italic" and Sans Bold Italic". This isn't a big deal, but any ideas on how to block those as well?

I'm super happy about all this, thanks.

Oh, and here's where I got the correct glob element from:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/font_configuration#Whitelisting_and_blacklisting_fonts

On 2018-07-15 16:32, Liam R E Quin wrote:
On Sun, 2018-07-15 at 12:20 +0000, 1980_undergro...@insiberia.net
wrote:

I therefore tried to do:

<fontconfig>
     <selectfont>
         <rejectfont>

         </rejectfont>
         <acceptfont>

         </acceptfont>
     </selectfont>
</fontconfig>

You need two separate selectfont sections, one after the other. Also
look for messages on the console when gimp starts (start gimp from the
commandline in a terminal)

An error in fonts.conf can break lots of stuff.

Liam