Haha, just on April 1st, and only when you have not opened a document in a
while? Wow, that is an obscure Easter egg. I feel really hard-core to have
found that one!
I think until someone complains (for real), it's probably fine. Maybe patch
it to flash some other colour? Like purple, so it's not as symbolically
evil? Maybe make them actual easter eggs, or the notorious GIMP bell
pepper? :)