On 1/15/20 4:23 AM, john silver via gimp-developer-list wrote:

> The program should automaticly append the file extensions when
> exporting. If you export it as a PNG then the .PNG extension should
> be tacked on the end.

Works for me, the file name extension is adjusted to the extension of
the file type I choose in the export dialog's "Select File Type" list.

> If you try to manually change the extension to something different
> then the file type like trying to save a JPG format with a .PNG
> extension then the program should give you a warning message and ask
> if you are sure you want to do that.

Also works for me, when I change the extension, I get a dialog stating
that the extension doesn't match the file type, and asking me if I want
to do this anyway.

If both don't work for you, can you provide the list of steps you do?

--
Regards,
Michael