On 10/24/20 5:43 AM, marc...@seznam.cz wrote:

Now, you are right that there's one inconsistency, gimp color picker's xyY is
not the same as to what is being pushed to the operation. I've got the same
color picker result as you have.

Well, actually everything I said was right :) . Which means the discrepancies between GIMP's xyY values for sRGB reddest red and what you got at the command line still needs to be accounted for.

I also reached out on the get issues for gimp and it might have been a known
issue: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/5805

Checking the referenced issue, exactly as I said, there's an assign where there should be a convert.

To repeat, the discrepancies between GIMP's xyY values for sRGB reddest red and what you got at the command line still needs to be accounted for. This is a separate error from the "assign" instead of "convert" issue.

Pippin - do you have any idea what caused the discrepancies in the reported xyY values for sRGB reddest red? Is it a problem in babl or GEGL?

So if changing the rendering intent does make even a small difference

I tested that again and there's no difference at all between perceptual and relative colorimetric.

That's good!

But I tried converting with saturation and absolute colorimetric and gimp
stdouts that those conversions seem to be not implemented.

babl hasn't implemented code for working with LUT profiles. Also matrix profiles don't have saturation intent tables, just as they don't have perceptual intent tables. And V4 profile processing always uses relative colorimetric for conversions between RGB matrix profiles regardless of any specified intent. Which is why any differences in results (other than "not supported" messages) from specifying different intents would have indicated a problem "somewhere".

Elle