Thanks everyone, for your valuable input.

STATUS UPDATE:

* I have installed msys2 on my windows 8 pc.
* I have installed vala development tools (and its dependencies, gcc
compiler, etc) also.
* I am able to compile vala prog/scripts successfully. This includes
standalone prog/scripts as well as library dependent prog/scripts.
* As an example of 3rd party library prog compilation: I installed
Gtk3 library. Later, I compiled my sample prog/script via: valac
--pkg=gtk+-3.0 testing_gtk.vala
The prog compiled without any warnings and it is working ok.

* UNRESOLVED ISSUE: Compiling GIMP 2.99.x plugin using vala:

In order to compile a prog/script/plugin relating to a 3rd party
library, vala requires:
1) C Header files of that library
2) Vapi (binding) file/s of that library

Question 1: To get GIMP header files and vapi (binding) file/s, which
version/repo of GIMP should I download? Please specify exact url link
of the resource to avoid possible mixup.

Question 2: Please specify path of the folder/folder-tree where GIMP
header files are stored.

Question 3: Please specify path of the folder/folder-tree where vala
vapi (binding) files are stored.

Any other tips, guidance in this regard shall be appreciated.

Thanks.