On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 01:36:46PM +0000, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi all,
> Someone on the #gimp IRC channel was asking about the expected
> behaviour of the Reset button in the Image->Colors->Levels dialog
> yesterday. They found that after an Auto adjust that Reset only
> changed the active channel values to their defaults, and left the
> others as they were. He expected it to reset all the channels at
> once.
> This isn't a bug, as such, and if this is expected behaviour then
> I just wanted to know, so that I can let him know. If it isn't
> expected, the patch attached below will reset all channels to
> their original values, and it can be added to both gimp-1-2 and
> HEAD (in app/levels.c and app/tools/levels.c respectively). In
> gimp-1-2 channel needs to be declared as gint in the function -
> it's declared already in HEAD.

I reported this some time ago and it was changed. However, the change
caused problems, and was reverted:

2001-01-03  Michael Natterer  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        * app/levels.c: reverted the behaviour of the "Reset" button
          back to resetting the current channel only. Resetting all
          channels was broken and IMHO cannot work the way it was

[EMAIL PROTECTED]     Zachary Beane     http://www.xach.com/