Zachary Beane wrote:
> Well, A4 was hypothetical. Perhaps it could have a number of standard
> objects (A4 paper, US Letter paper, CD) that you could choose from to
> do your sizing.
>
> Are credit cards of a standard size?

What about those little end pieces of 35mm film that have no pictures?
Even the sprocket holes should be standard.

Or photos.  Machines do so much of the processing now, perhaps they are
standard by now.  It seems like 4x6 would be a good size for many
resolutions of screen.  Letter size seems too big for my 800x640
display.

Credit cards could be scratchy also.  Besides, credit card companies are
evil.