Do you get any messages in the window that Gimp was started in?
If you start the application through a menu item these msgs
are usually lost, so try to start the Gimp from a terminal
window and see if you get more information.

Karl Heinz

> > When I open a dialog box wich involves plug-ins (i.e. Xtns > Plugin
Details... or when I try to save a picture) the box pops up, but
> > stays blank. When I wait, it stays the same for a very long time, after
which I had to use the task manager to close the dialog box.