Hi!

On Wed, 23 May 2001 17:13:54 +0200 Christoph Rauch
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have updated my lists at http://home.bn-paf.de/smokey/gimp_org/
> It would be great if we could get all that uncertainty out of them.
> :-))
> We must know what we want to have as the result and how to get there.

One point I have to criticise:
"...* No so important ones: 1. Netscape 2. IE..."

The web-site should look perfect in every browser, also there are many
Windows users and people who use Windows at the office / internet café
:-) etc. Any discussions about which browsers must be supported more /
less are no good IMHO.

Anyway, here are my votes on different topics (see also my mockup):

layout:
1. layout - appearance - clean and cool, the current color map is not
that bad, consequent "theme"
2. in-detail design - a set of icons is required to mark special news,
sections... see above
3. a logo is nice, should contain Wilber
4. navigation structure should be changed (see my mockup)

content:
1. all news in the Gimp / general image processing world (new
algorithms, contests...)
2. tutorials, articles, interviews (ok, this is a little portal-style
but why searching the net for hours to find stuff you need!?)
3. (maybe) integrate registry.gimp.org and add screenshots / examples as
far as posible
4. dynamic list of mirrors, RPM / DEB locations
5. links to external resources (e.g. linuxgraphic.org, gtk.org,
linuxartist.org <- is it alive, btw?)
6. mailinglist archives
7. cvs usage / getting involved / compilation / requirements / Windows
LZW quirks

cms:
1. dynamic - php/*sql - easy to code, offers many possibilities, we use
it at the GUG and it's excellent for those purposes IMHO

editing:
1. people should get an editor's account to add news, articles etc. via
web-interface (perhaps slashdot-like commenting, get ready for "AC",
"fp" and "g....e.cx" ;-))

Just my 0.02 Euro.

--
--=[        [EMAIL PROTECTED]        ]=--
--=[ http://www.technoid.f2s.com ]=--