Christoph Rauch ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> The current page displayed in lynx is "suboptimal".

For a neat trick have a look at http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/ .
The layout is similiar to the Gimp homepage but the menu is at the
*end* of the page. This is done with a small table trick:

  +-----------------------------------+
  +----+------------------------------+
  +----+                              |
  | M  |    Content                   |
  | e  |                              |
  | n  |                              |
  | u  |                              |
  +----+------------------------------+

With this layout the "Menu"-Html-code is *after* the "Content"-HTML
Code and lynx renders it at the end of the page. You don't have to
skip lots of links at the beginning.

[...]
> PHP has a advantage over passive html-pages. You can react on the user
> immediately. Think of: You go to gimp.org in germany and see german
> content. Same thing in GB or the US and you see it in english. PHP can be
> made to react on the browsers language preferences.
>
> But perhaps we could configure Apache to do it too?

Yes, this is possible with content negotiation.

Bye,
        Simon
--
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/