On , 6 Jun 2001, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Avi Bercovich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > As ever I;m not quite sure where I go to post bug reports, so I;m
> > posting to the list.
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ is the right place. Your bug-report has
> been entered into the database and I have forwarded your mail to
> Adam asking him to have a look.
> Argh, I knew the heavy usage of g_assert() in the convert code would
> bite us some day.

Its doing exactly the job its meant to do!  Would you rather the code
continued, using some invalid assumption, to either crash bizarrely
later or come out with artifacts in the image?

You can argue that maybe it should have been a g_return_if_fail() or
similar, but knowing about bugs early is useful.  Besides, aren't
stable releases built with assertions and g_return_if_fail compiled