Hi,

safemode <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I made glib from cvs.  no problems.  make installed it
> I made gtk+ from cvs. no problems.  make installed that too.
> I did the same for pango and that didn't have any problems.
> I ran autogen.sh in gimp and the only warning i got was this.
> Please add the files
>   codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
>   progtest.m4
> from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
> or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
> You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.
>
> After that it ran configure.  I got this error at the end.
> ./configure: line 8536: syntax error near unexpected token
> `AM_PATH_GTK_2_0(1.3.7,,'
> ./configure: line 8536: `AM_PATH_GTK_2_0(1.3.7,,'

I think I've already explained you the cause for this in an earlier email.

Either you don't have the required version of GTK+ installed or if it
is installed, aclocal is unable to find the gtk-2.0.m4 script. Make
sure you have everything installed as described in INSTALL and set
your ACLOCAL_FLAGS to "-I <prefix_where_gtk2_is_installed>/share/aclocal"
and rerun autogen.sh.

Salut, Sven