On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Kelly Martin wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 02:48:33PM -0700, Laramie Leavitt wrote:
>
> > Is anyone actively working on GIMP 2?
>
> Insofar as there is activity on GIMP 1.4, yes.
>
> Kelly

Is anyone working on it insofar as it relates to GEGL and all that?
If I understand this correctly, Gimp 2 will use an entirely different
internal engine.  The plug-ins will likely not work, and numerous
other changes will render Gimp 2 as an entirely new entity with
little in common with Gimp, really...

So, why not work on Gimp 1.3 and Gimp 2 in parallel?

Laramie