Hans Meine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I installed gtk+-1.3.10, pango-0.21, atk-0.6 and stuff in the right
> order - no problems so far (using pkgconfig-0.8.0 from Mdk8.1 BTW).
> The Gimp compiles with some small setup-hazzles, but has at first some
> strange stuff at starting up:
> ----------------------->8 snip 8<-----------------------
> using MMX: yes
> gimp (pid:11899): ** WARNING **: No fonts found by pangoft2. Things will probably
>not work
> gimp (pid:11899): ** WARNING **: Didn't read any pango ft2 fontalias file. Things
>will probably not work.

your PangoFT2 setup is not complete. Since this setup has changed with
Pango-0.22, I will not comment on how to make it work (as a hint: look into
the examples dir in the Pango source).

> gimp: query called
> gimp: query done
> gimp: run called extension_plugin_helper
> gimp: Could not open module /usr/local/lib/gimp/1.3/plugin-modules/libiwarp.so!
> gimp: time for the evil loop
> gimp_dialog_factory_add_dialog: registering toplevel "gimp:toolbox"
> ----------------------->8 snip 8<-----------------------
> Where to a newbie it seems that
> - Pango has problems. (?)
> - An "evil loop" can't be very nice to have ;-)

the "evil loop" is perfectly fine. It originates from some experimental code
which is not really used yet.

> However, the real problem is that the loading of images fails:
> - GIFs have 0 layers

works for me.

> - JPGs are not really loaded (only the progress dialog appears, until
>   I press cancel)

works for me.

> - The same with PNGs

> - TIFs report an error "incorrect count for field MaxSampleValue (1,
>   expecting 3); tag ignored" and some module segfaults (I get this:

haven't tested that.

> /usr/local/lib/gimp/1.3/plug-ins/tiff: fatal error: Speicherzugriffsfehler
> /usr/local/lib/gimp/1.3/plug-ins/tiff (pid:12118): [E]xit, [H]alt, show [S]tack
>trace or [P]roceed:
> While I could imagine some of them are temporary problems in a
> development version, I don't believe you all get all those.. ?

well, we are very early in the development process, so you will most likely
encounter more of those problems.

Salut, Sven