I am actually trying to control the GIMP through Java, which is my interest
in creating a module. But if what you say is true -- you cannot add
arbitrary modules to the GIMP at this time -- then I'll hard-wire some code
into the app for now. But if I can interface to the GIMP in a portable,
modular way, I'll do that -- I just haven't discovered the "right" way to do
that yet. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Michael Terry
Everyday Computing Lab
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
Georgia Tech