Marco Nierlich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Michael Natterer wrote:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> > > I've been following some instructions oriented toward photoshop that
> > > talk of unsharpen mask settings including a radius of 0.3 or 0.8.
> > >
> > > I notice that Gimp's implementation has a minimum radius of one.
> >
> > I'm quite sure that it's just the UI which is limiting the value.
> >
> > Would you try if it works correct with smaller values and report
> > back so we can remove the silly limitation (if it's silly :) ?
> >

> Assumed that I like to do that, what would I have to do?

Look at plug-ins/common/unsharp.c:811:

  adj = gimp_scale_entry_new (GTK_TABLE (table), 0, 0,
                              _("Radius:"), SCALE_WIDTH, 0,
                              unsharp_params.radius, 1.0, 25.0, 0.1, 1.0, 1,
                              TRUE, 0, 0,
                              NULL, NULL);

The "1.0, 25.0" are the lower and upper limits for the scale/entry
widget. You would change the "1.0" to "0.1" or lower and check if the
result looks as expected.

thanks,
--Mitch