Thanks for the answer... I have contacted the author few weeks ago, but I
have not heard anything from him.

This bug report does not sound good... basically, it means that I should
add those functions myself. Are there any good tutorials for adding
functions to PDB?

Furthermore, I have found that pdb.gimp_scale is buggy, sometimes it just
gives an error:

>>> pdb.gimp_scale(lay, 0, 1, 1000, 50, 450)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins/gtkcons.py", line 287, in run
    r = eval(cmd, self.namespace, self.namespace)
  File "<string>", line 0, in ?
RuntimeError: execution error

and there are _no_ functions to convert a path into selection available
from pdb.

Tomek