On 24 Apr 2002, at 16:28, DENAT Christian DvSI/SIReS/GRE wrote:

> I'm currently looking for svg tools on win32 and look into the
> gimp.org site to see if gimp supports such vector format.
> It seems that the answer is no.
> Please could you confirm this or at least could yout indicate me if
> there are some plans for such development ?

I have not heard of any such plans.

Google turns up a set of tools to convert bitmap images through GIMP
paths into SVG files for Sodipodi to work with:

Same search: Raph Levien is planning on "doing a full-fledged SVG
implementation in the Gnome framework". I don't know how this
(w|c)ould fit in with GIMP.

What exactly are you looking for: a plug-in vector editor (like
gfig), perhaps with vector layers? Or a SVG loader, like the
Postscript loader?

branko collin