On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Tino Schwarze wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 04:09:20PM -0600, Nathan C Summers wrote:
>
> > Hmm, maybe we could as an advanced option make the menu button on the
> > canvas's upper left corner be a pie menu, and make the menu items
> > completely configurable.  I guess that could work.
>
> Pie menus only make sense if you can access them really fast. Trying to
> hit a relatively small button is not an option...

The whole point is that the menu should pop up right under the mouse
pointer.  If you have to move the mouse to get to the pie menu then
you have already destroyed it's greatest feature.

If this is done, it has to be an optional replacement for the
standard GIMP right-mouse-button popup menu.

----
Steve Baker                      (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
L3Com/Link Simulation & Training (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           http://www.link.com
Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.sjbaker.org