Hope anyone can help me with this one: I just checked out GIMP from CVS
and try to run autogen.sh. However this results in a few hundred error
messages, starting with:

---
I am testing that you have the required versions of libtool, autoconf,
automake, glib-gettextize and intltoolize. This test is not foolproof,
so if anything goes wrong, see the file HACKING for more information...

Testing libtool... looks OK.
Testing autoconf... looks OK.
Testing automake... looks OK.
Testing glib-gettextize... looks OK.
Testing intltoolize... looks OK.

I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
aclocal: configure.in: 46: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 160: macro `AM_PATH_PROG_WITH_TEST' not found in
library
aclocal: configure.in: 160: macro `AM_PATH_PROG_WITH_TEST' not found in
library
aclocal: configure.in: 160: macro `AM_LC_MESSAGES' not found in library
configure.in:38: no proper implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found,
configure.in:38: probably because aclocal.m4 is missing...
---

I'm probably missing something here. I'm using autoconf 2.52 and
automake 1.6.1.

Maurits