On 2002-06-12 at 1514.45 -0400, Mario J. Borgnia typed this mail:
> Hi,
> I currently work with special image formats used in electron microscopy.
> I would like to be able to open, manipulate and save those files using
> The Gimp. Could anybody give me some pointers on how get started writing
> input filters?
> Thanks
there is a plugin, p2m that saves images into several different cad file
types.  i don't know which format you are working with, but this plug-in
saves in four different file formats and might give you some clues.

there are other plug-ins for other file formats at the registry. this
one comes with the most, iirc.