On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:43:00 +0200, "RaphaŽl Quinet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would prefer to have some parts of gimp-print back into the main
> GIMP package.  This would not be the latest and greatest version and
> it may not support all printing systems, but at least it would work
> with that version of the GIMP and the users would always have the
> option to upgrade gimp-print separately.  I think that it would be
> better to have one package that provides the basic stuff including
> printing support without having circular dependencies between two
> packages (even if the workaround is easy).

I forgot to add something: another option is to remove the print plug-in
completely from the GIMP package, which would also remove the dependency
on libgimpprint.  Then everything needed for print support would be only
in the gimp-print package and there would be no mismatch between the
parts of the code provided by in the GIMP package and in the gimp-print