Jean B wrote:
> hi,
> i'am watching for a gui builder : what is gnoma, gtk, glade and why should i use
>them rather than xmotif or other gui builder?

gnome is a large development framework targettet to bringing MS windows
like desktop functionality to Unices.

gtk is a UI widget toolkit for X11, with a bunch of C helper functions
in Glib.

glade is an attempt at a WYSIWYG UI-builder for the gtk toolkit.

and if you're comfortable with motif, and you don;t need to integrate
your application into nome, I wouldn't know why you need to use
gnome/gtk/glade over xmotif.